Managing Dual Use Sports Facilities
We are one of only a handful of operational companies in the UK dedicated to developing and managing community and sports use within dual-use schools. We develop a wide range of sporting and non-sporting activity on school sites and are just as comfortable promoting and managing classroom and assembly hall usage as sporting activity.
Active Comunity Engagement currently manage or support the development of activity at many dual-use school sports centers in the UK ranging from a bundle of three colleges with sports facilities and pools in Clacton On Sea, to a full specification school sports centre with two pools, spa facilities, floodlit all weather pitch, floodlit synthetic athletics track, two sports halls and a 50 station fitness suite in Scotland.
We will either manage activity onsite with our qualified staff, or we will provide all of the booking, invoicing and payment reconciliation services, supporting schools or facility management companies that wish to manage their own activity and require centralised support services to maintain cost-effectiveness.
Cost-Effective Sports Centre Management
It is essential that all of the costs associated with the development and management of community and sporting use within a school or school sports centre are covered by income. There are many ways in which we ensure this, including:
- Where cost-effective, we staff activity and provide qualified life-guards. However, in many schools we rent facilities by the hour to qualified professionals to develop their businesses and cater to community needs. This approach reduces operational costs and ensures profits are produced.
- We schedule several income earning activities to take place during each hour that we open your school, developing enough income each session to cover all costs and produce profits.
- We manage all costs associated with sporting and community use and balance activity levels to ensure that each school produces profits and not just costs.
- We manage many school sites through a ‘Not For Profit’ Company (NPDO), which has the ability to access European Union, New Opportunities Fund, Lottery and other funding, which can be reinvested into schools or used to develop a wide range of community activity.
- We charge an affordable management fee equal to a low percentage of income.